Monday, July 9, 2012

Old Brass Bed

This is my VERY FIRST BLOG, So I am not sure if I am doing this correctly and what exactly the "protocol" is for Blogging. But I find myself creating several different and unique things and I would like to share them with anyone who would like to read about them! So here goes.................. ~Old Brass Bed~

Many places they have what is called "Big Trash Day". This bed was in the family for many years, and after so much use at the family vacation home, it was time to retire it. Therefore it was disassembled and placed out back to be taken to the side of the road for that day to come.

 Well...You see, when I was a child, we didn't have much money so I grew up having to make do with what we had, as I'm certain many other people  have done the same. I had been wanting to begin a new spot in the yard for a garden.  I started thinking about that Old Brass Bed and how it was a shame to just throw it to the curb after all those years of dedication for providing a place for so many family members to sleep in. So I decided I would find another position for that bed to fill! Yes, in the yard! Not just as a part of the trash pile waiting to be picked up. But for it to now beautifully display my new garden. Just as I had suspected, that Old Brass Bed was more than willing to help out! As the week progressed I had made many trips up and down the road to go to town, when one day I noticed others beginning to place their "trash" by the side of the road and I stumbled across many other unwanted items that had been tossed. One of the piles caught my eye... I saw some old curtain rods. They were PERFECT as an addition to my little garden! Then of course, I couldn't stop there. I found an old window frame at another spot that already had 2 broken panes of glass, and hung it between two trees behind the bed. I planted some Clematis(which is a fast growing vine with a varity of colors-I chose purple). My hopes are that next year it will have grown all across the area  then it will completely disquise our hideous wood pile and trash cans. I have since then also seeded the surrounding area with grass. I anticipate for it to all be plush and  green with vibrant flowers in a matter of time! As this part of the country flourishings with foliage!
The Old Brass Bed!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous and wonderful idea! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete